On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 23:12:36 +0300, Arthur D. wrote:

> I think it's most reasonably to omit that hardcoding line from ebuild.

I think you need to re-read the ebuild. sudo depends on virtual/editor,
not nano. Nowhere is nano hardcoded to be a requirement of sudo. On the
other hand, if you went with the upstream settings, you'd need to add vim
as a dependency, even for those that don't wish to use it. Forcing such
things on the user is most definitely not the Gentoo Way.

--
Neil Bothwick

PCMCIA: People Can't Memorize Computer Industry Acronyms