On Tuesday 13 October 2009 00:33:02 Brandon Vargo wrote:
> > Basically, the only thing that triggers the crash is if I hold down
> > the mouse button and drag the scrollbar UP right after I drag it DOWN.
> >  Dragging it down doesn't seem to make any difference by itself and
> > hasn't crashed the program until I reverse and drag UP.  Sometimes
> > going up slowly will be OK too, but if I drag UP rapidly, it will
> > crash.  I can use the scroll arrows on top and bottom of the
> > scrollbar, and it will scroll without incident, albeit slowly.
>
> That sounds really bizarre. I have no idea what would be causing that.

sounds like a segfault

For example, data gets moved around in memory as the display is scrolled and
somewhere there is a pointer to that memory. It gets updated somehow but when
the scrolling is rapid the pointer gets used after the data is moved and
before the pointer is updated.

If it's something along these lines it's a) horrible to find and fix and b)
horrible code

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com