On Nov 9, 2009, at 1:04 AM, Johannes Kimmel wrote:
Try to resync and emerge the new eselect-opengl and run "eselect opengl set nvidia" again. This could fix it, as I had a similar problem. The old eselect did something wrong, but I can't remember exactly because it went somehow long yesterday :)

Good catch, but unfortunately it didn't help. I've downgraded the nvidia drivers to 185.18.36-r1 which then loaded glx, but still not dri or dri2.

Maybe I need to upgrade the kernel from 2.6.29...

BTW, xorg-server-1.6.5 does work with nv drivers, but I need opengl.

I'm currently trying to downgrade server to 1.6.3, but that's not compiling. Let's say I'm not very impressed with the xorg ebuild technique of specifying dependencies using >=. xorg ebuilds should be holistic based on the xorg-server version. Instead I have to figure out the version masks for each of the dependencies. PITA!

Thank you,
Roy