On Nov 9, 2009, at 3:36 PM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

On 11/09/2009 11:18 PM, Roy Wright wrote:

On Nov 9, 2009, at 1:04 AM, Johannes Kimmel wrote:
Try to resync and emerge the new eselect-opengl and run "eselect
opengl set nvidia" again. This could fix it, as I had a similar
problem. The old eselect did something wrong, but I can't remember
exactly because it went somehow long yesterday :)

Good catch, but unfortunately it didn't help. I've downgraded the nvidia drivers to 185.18.36-r1 which then loaded glx, but still not dri or dri2.

Maybe I need to upgrade the kernel from 2.6.29...

BTW, xorg-server-1.6.5 does work with nv drivers, but I need opengl.

I'm currently trying to downgrade server to 1.6.3, but that's not
compiling. Let's say I'm not very impressed with the xorg ebuild
technique of specifying dependencies using >=. xorg ebuilds should be
holistic based on the xorg-server version. Instead I have to figure out
the version masks for each of the dependencies. PITA!

I already posted how do downgrade to 1.6.5 correctly :P

Sorry, forgot to mention that I did try those instructions. Didn't help.

I'm currently punting, removing all of X from my system, then will start over...

Thank you,
Roy