Thanks for your replies, guys! They have been helpful. I think I know what
to do now. And that is... wait. Until I have some time to spare for this.
Then, after a backup, I will perform the migration. Now let's see that
this openrc and baselayout-2 is that I have read people talking about for
quite a while here. Emerging more stuff is okay, also small problems here
and there. Generally having newer stuff is nice and geekier. I also have
some other Gentoo machines I maintain, and there are two people whose
machines I look after, so it may help if I see new problems first. The
eix-test-obsolete will be much shorter for sure!

Again, thanks for the nice discussion.

        Wonko