> I wonder if it's worth the trouble. I read here that running a full ~x86
> system would probably be easier. And I'd like to try, but while going from
> x86 to ~x86 is easy, the other way is quite hard, isn't it? If possible at
> all.

I just wanted to throw my two-cents in here, although much has been said.

I was running ~x86 for about two years.  Then I waited 6 months and
was able to shift to x86 with only a few things in the keywords.  (For
example, I had already shifted to openrc and I didn't see the point in
shifting back and then back-once-again.)  However, for these cases, I
almost exclusively keyword <= version numbers, so that, in theory, I
will eventually hit x86 minus a very few packages (for example, the
ones that there is no x86 version available).

But honestly, I've been nearly stable (x86) for a couple months now,
and I can't say that the system seems any different.  Problems still
crop up, and I still have to deal with them.

As one poster mentioned, when I was running ~x86 and an ebuild was
annoying, I'd just emerge the stable one.  This was a solution for 90%
of the things I couldn't google up a bug report on.  But the problems
I've hit lately are taking me a lot more time.  It could be the mixing
of x86 ~and x86, even though the mixture is nearly all x86.

While shifitng from ~x86 to x86 is 'harder' than the other way around,
basically the way you're shifting is, by-and-large, just waiting for
x86 to catch up to ~x86.

Regards,
daid