On 11/12/2009 5:05 AM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
On Thursday 12 November 2009 00:12:06 Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
Roy Wright schrieb:
Also keep in mind that it's the ebuild that is "untested".  The package
is usually what upstream has released as stable.
I haven't yet looked at it that way, good point.

My advice is if you are willing to upgrade at least weekly then go
"untested", if you are willing to upgrade at least monthly, then go
"stable", else really be willing to work thru some hard upgrade
scenarios.
Hmm, and this now as I just got somehow happy with my strange mixture of
stable and unstable ;-)

I am now looking at some

# ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" emerge -avuDN world

Good god, please don't ever do that.

If you don't know why it's a terrible idea, then you *really* should not be doing it
Yes, temporarily setting ~arch is incredibly bad. Even I know that :p.

Marcus