Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:

> emerge -C device-mapper && emerge lvm2 udev

Yep, mix in an extra reboot and it's all fine now!

> eclipse doesn't DEPEND on xulrunner at all, but various other things do.
> equery depends -a xulrunner:1.8 lists about 40 possibilities here.

eclipse depends on SWT. SWT depends on xulrunner. sorry,
I should have been more clear, I did not pay closer attention
to the 1.8 vs 1.9 issues....thanks.

The system is already gone, so I'll be another 6-9 months
before I see it again.....

kde-4.3.1 went smooth, except
for I have to manually removed all the kde-3.5 packages.
It had kde-meta-3.5.10. Is there some syntax or a better
method to insure all the kde-3.5.x packages are removed,
without a manual sweep?

Thanks Alan.

James