Mick <michaelkintzios <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hmm, I thought that kweather, kate and kfloppy were brought in by some
> meta or other.  It seems that I'll have to install these on their own?

Hello Mick,

I'm just not certain any more exactly which packages belong to
which meta(kde) package. I think they are added and dropped
over the last few years, resulting in a dynamic grouping
or like those you mentioned, not being picked up by and of the
kde-meta packages.

Some time ago kde-meta ( the package that calls other kde-meta(sub
group packages) was to be done away with. Now, magically,
kde-meta is back, after the "Sets" solution seems to be
too cumbersome for those of us that want a simple and easy
method to install a bulk of kde packages.

Other than this '10,000' foot view, you'll have to get more
precise information from the gentoo kde devs or others,
as I just do not know......

You'd think there'd be a master listing of (kde-4) packages
and which one belong to which meta-package or what not;
if not a script to tool to reveal this information....

Let me know if you find a silver bullet (syntax) for discerning
what kde packages are grouped into which meta package or
not grouped at all..

hth,
James