On Monday 08 February 2010 15:02:51 Mark Knecht wrote:

> Did you intend to have 3 100MB partitions at the start of your drive
> and then everything else inside of an extended partition? It's not
> wrong - it was just unexpected for me.

I did, but I think I'll revert to just a single boot partition. The
other two little ones were for other distros' boot directories, so that
installing them wouldn't clobber my Gentoo boot - the latest Ubuntu uses
grub-2, for instance, which I don't want mixed with grub-1.

> Is yours a 1-Terabyte drive?

Yes. Vast overkill for what I need it for, but it seems normal nowadays.

--
Rgds
Peter.