On Wednesday 10 February 2010 10:36:35 Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> has anybody a recipe on this upgrade hell each time KDE release a new
> version?
> This time existing KDE-4.3.5 packages block KDE-4.4 packages though they
> go to different slots.
> Even portage-2.2_rc62 is unable to cope with that.

Remove ALL version-specific information for kde entries from world.
Don't mix and match -meta packages and sets.
Beware of kde-misc entries - often times they have depends on the old SLOT and
pull in conflicts. These ebuilds are not as maintained as the kdebase ones,
same with the apps themselves.

I've just upgraded to 4.4 here and fixing the above issues put portage in a
position where it could automagically do everything correctly and deal with
all blockers

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com