Hi,

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 15:38, Alexander Puchmayr
<alexander.puchm...@linznet.at> wrote:
> The 2.1.x-Version of Skype seems to use pulseaudio if it finds a pulsaudio-
> deamon running, and doesn't allow to chose the audio device in this case.

Yep, I noticed this recently as well, and was initially quite happy
with this development :)

> What I want to have is very simple:
> * Ringtone and any other sound produced by skype shall go to the internal
> sound device with loudspeakers connected
> * Audiostream for talking to someone shall go to the USB-Headset.
>
> How do I configure this?

This is indeed a problem. In the past I used the mic of my USB headset
and the external speakers for calls, but now I can't get that
configuration any longer. It's always using the crappy mic built-in to
my laptop.

I'll be very interested in the solution :)

Thanks,
Mike