Am Montag 22 Februar 2010 17:42:22 schrieb David:
> Alexander Puchmayr wrote:
> > Just tried this tool, but it seems to be a complete failure. Just gives a
> > box with "connection refused", but no information what it tries to
> > connect to. The pulseaudio-deamon itself is running, and I can connect to
> > it via pacmd without any problem.
> >
> > Alex

I really don't know what was going on yesterday, but after getting rid of the
~/.pulse directory and logging out and in again, this particular problem
vanished.

NB: I started the deamon as user, not as root.

> I don't use it system wide, here are the guides I used;
> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-789181-highlight-pulseaudio.html
> http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup

The original problem is still not solved: How do I tell pulseaudio that the
sound from application XX shall go to device YY ???

Alex