On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 22:32:54 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:

> > And that all my mail is accessible from the same place,
> > including mails I'd never put on a server owned by someone
> > else.
>
> I guess I just have no interest in keeping archives of 50
> newsgroups/mailing-lists on a handful of different machines.

Nor me, that's why it's all on one server.

> Any "servers" I set up would be a lot less reliable and
> accessible than those at either Gmane or my Usenet provider.

Possible, but the connection between them and you may not. I need to keep
some of my mails locally, not stored at an online service - as the server
is already there and set up, it makes sense to use it for everything. For
me, using an email-to-usenet gateway would actually mean more work.

--
Neil Bothwick

Two rights don't make a wrong, they make an airplane.