On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 11:31:34AM +0000, Mick wrote:
> Since invoking gpg on the CLI does not ask for a passphrase and it returns:
>
>   gpg: problem with the agent: No pinentry
>
> I assume that the problem is with pinentry.  Is there some other
> application involved here that I should look into?

Hum, also, try getting some debug output from gpg-agent:

(1) 'killall gpg-agent'   (and run ps aux to see if they are really
killed)
(2) Restart gpg-agent via

 eval 'gpg-agent --daemon --no-detach --debug-level guru --log-file
~/gpg-agent.log'
(3) Run gpg.

Look at the content of ~/gpg-agent.log to see if anything is amiss.

HTH,

Willie W. Wong                                     ww...@math.princeton.edu
         et vice versa   ~~~  I. Newton