On Wednesday 03 March 2010 03:54:06 Dale wrote:
I did click around on the site earlier but I'm not registered to do
anything else.  I just went back and tried to navigate a bit more.  I
went to a thread then clicked to go back to the main page.  Dicks hat
band could not have done it better.  That thing locked up like a whore
on the front row.  lol  It was a 53% loading and trying to get something
that is 18.9Kib.  It's been a couple minutes now and it is still sitting
there.  I'm thinking that only a kill -9 will make this "whore" move
again.  Please excuse my humor.

So, whatever it is, it affects us both.

I fear the worst :-)

I see KDE-4.4.1 just showed up in the tree and the Changelog has some
interesting javascript-related bugs fixed. So what I'm gonna do is rebuild
this latest KDE and see if that makes a difference. If not, disable $STUFF one
at a time. If that doesn't work, I shall have to change a 6 year browsing
habit :-(

It may be safe to fear the worst. I updated mine last night so I thought I would try it again with the updates. Last time it locked up at about 53%. Well they did improve it a little bit at least. It now hangs at 66%. So we have a 13% improvement.

Hey, maybe with the next updates it will work all the way to a page load. Also, if you file a bug report somewhere, I got to the site, click on a thread then try to go back to the home page by clicking on the link in the top box. So far, it has not been able to get past that point. Oh, my CPU is at 100% doing whatever it is doing.

Now to go do a kill on Konqueror.

Dale

:-)  :-)