Hi all:

 I'll try to describe my project:

        - I'm developing a Swing application that will show a really BIG map
(150k x 100k px).
        - I need to navigate through the image and the navigation speed is
critical.
        - Even though the user must be allowed to zoom in an out the map, the
maximum resolution will be the default (and what the user will be using
normally).
        - The user must be allowed to load layers above the raster (ex. using
shapefiles).
        - The raster files (index shapefile + geotiff) are stored in the local
(SCSI) HD. The storage capacity isn't a problem.
        - The app must run in Debian GNU/Linux.

--
Diego Fdez. Durán <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | http://www.goedi.net
GPG : 925C 9A21 7A11 3B13 6E43 50DB F579 D119 90D2 66BB