Don't forget that we regularly see maps that are even larger scale than 1:1!
Xrays, circuit diagrams, CPU lithographs, organic chemical symbols.

And CAD normally deals with what is essentially a 1:1 map.

-Eric

Eric B. Wolf                    New! 720-334-7734
USGS Geographer
Center of Excellence in GIScience
PhD Student
CU-Boulder - Geography