-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Paul Craig
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 9:52 AM
To: GEP-Ed
Subject: Re: Montreal and Kyoto Compared

Willett-- Great comment! Right on.

I found this paper absolutely fascinating.

The reason is that it clearly articulates  the kind of  thinking that
actually drove US policy.    It was and is  politically salient, while being

scientifically and economically narrow and outdated to the point of seeming
almost bogus.  Amazing.

The article seems a relic from the past.  Yet it's forthcoming this year in
a legitimate journal.  So much for Harvard's review process.

I also learned about the "Joint Center".   AEI and Brookings  working
arm-in-arm to promote this kind of work.  AEI I understand. But Brookings!
I'd thought better of them.  Scary!

Paul
Paul Craig