On Saturday 23 August 2008 01:22:18 you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 20:22 +0300, Alexia Death wrote:
> > My proposal is basically this:
> > http://a.death.pri.ee/2.6_default_layout_proposal.png
>
> IMO the tool-options should definitely be part of the toolbox.
My opinion is exactly opposite because this creates two full-width docks and
is both illogical and and space wasting for first time users. Lets keep it in
mind that this change would not mean anything for people who already have
their setup.

> For an expert user, your setup may actually be preferable. But I expect
> an expert user to be able to set up their GIMP layout to their needs.
In my opinion this layout(thin toolbox, one large dock) is preferable to first
time users. It has familiarity. They wont feel lost when GIMP loads for the
first time.

However, I do expect our UI tea to chip in  on this. :) After all it is
entirely UI matter, and onr that can do a lot for the user experience without
changing GIMP itself.