Scavenging the mail folder uncovered [EMAIL PROTECTED]'s letter:
> On 31 Jan, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
>
> > I think the GIMP would gain a lot from using the core GNOME libraries;
> > right now it has a lot of reinvented wheels as it is.  Users are
> > going to want a consistent desktop experience, so the GIMP should not
> > stand out as a sore thumb.
>
>  Great... so maybe you can tell us what we'd gain from using gnome in
>  GIMP. Now tell us: what would we get for linking against another bunch
>  of libraries?

1/ economy of coding
2/ better integration
3/ total bloat reduction (if the user already uses other programs
   linked with the same libraru)
4/ it was a discussion about using *selected* libraries, like gnome-print,
   not the *entire* gnome framework.

ciao,
fog (the lurker from above)

--
Federico Di Gregorio
MIXAD LIVE System Programmer                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]