Hello Everyone,

I have read the various LDAP and AD threads regarding this topic, followed
instructions, ensured the latest version is being run, and re-installed
several times using different methods without any success.

I am trying to integrate gitorious with a Windows 2008 active directory on
Cent6.3 installed via the scripted installer from getgetorious.org.

Here is my authentication.yml as suggested:
production:
  disable_default: true
  methods:
    - adapter: Gitorious::Authentication::LDAPAuthentication
      host: the.domain.controller
      port: 389
      base_dn: DC=wdtinc,DC=com
      bind_username: administrator@domaincontroller
      bind_password: B1indingP@Sw0rd!
      user_filter:
      username_attribute: sAMAccountName
      encryption: none
      login_attribute: uid
      distinguished_name_template: "CN=Users,DC=thedomain,DC=com"
      attribute_mapping:
      mail: email

I've also tried various distingued_name_templates such as:
uid={}@mydomain.com, uid={}. CN={}. $BASE_DN to no avail.

Here is what the script/test_ldap_connection says:
[root@gitorious app]# export RAILS_ENV=production; bundle exec
script/test_ldap_connection ddun...@thedomain.com *********
Not there yet.
script/test_ldap_connection:22: private method `build_username' called for
#<Gitorious::Authentication::LDAPAuthentication:0x7f79be499910>
(NoMethodError)

And whenever I try to login the authentication is simply rejected. I know
my domain settings are correct as other things have been successfully
integrated such as sugarcrm, dokuwiki, nexus, jenkins..

Please advise and thanks in advance.

-Devon