I had same issue trying AD with Gitorious.

Use Active Directory Explorer (or similar tool for you LDAP server) and
compare path to your user with path printed by test_ldap_connection script
(if this script is not printing debuging path then you need to do update as
Marius is pointing out).

Change distinquished_name_template in authentification.yml and it should
work. Work for me at least ;)