On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 8:55 PM, DevOps <ddun...@wdtinc.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have read the various LDAP and AD threads regarding this topic, followed
> instructions, ensured the latest version is being run, and re-installed
> several times using different methods without any success.
>
> I am trying to integrate gitorious with a Windows 2008 active directory on
> Cent6.3 installed via the scripted installer from getgetorious.org.
>
> Here is my authentication.yml as suggested:
> production:
>   disable_default: true
>   methods:
>     - adapter: Gitorious::Authentication::LDAPAuthentication
>       host: the.domain.controller
>       port: 389
>       base_dn: DC=wdtinc,DC=com
>       bind_username: administrator@domaincontroller
>       bind_password: B1indingP@Sw0rd!
>       user_filter:
>       username_attribute: sAMAccountName
>       encryption: none
>       login_attribute: uid
>       distinguished_name_template: "CN=Users,DC=thedomain,DC=com"
>       attribute_mapping:
>       mail: email
>
> I've also tried various distingued_name_templates such as: uid={}@
> mydomain.com, uid={}. CN={}. $BASE_DN to no avail.
>
> Here is what the script/test_ldap_connection says:
> [root@gitorious app]# export RAILS_ENV=production; bundle exec
> script/test_ldap_connection ddun...@thedomain.com *********
> Not there yet.
> script/test_ldap_connection:22: private method `build_username' called for
> #<Gitorious::Authentication::LDAPAuthentication:0x7f79be499910>
> (NoMethodError)
>
> And whenever I try to login the authentication is simply rejected. I know
> my domain settings are correct as other things have been successfully
> integrated such as sugarcrm, dokuwiki, nexus, jenkins..
>
> Please advise and thanks in advance.

Devon,
We made some changes in Gitorious' LDAP support quite recently, and the
installer will pull a version of Gitorious which doesn't include this.
Would you mind trying to check out the master branch on your server and try
it from there? The steps involved would be:

- cd /var/www/gitorious/app
- git pull origin master
- bundle install
- RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec rake db:migrate
- touch tmp/restart.txt

Then try again and let us know what happens.

Cheers,
- Marius