On the other hand, badly written pseudoresearch that provides not real
data is hardly objective research. I have been researching and
participating in FOSS for a number of years. As a scientist with over
100 peer-reviewed publications, I can sure recognize pseudoscience when
I see it. The use of clever arguments to try to sway opinion is hardly
good, and objective research, but in the hands of people who do not
understand science or logic, it can be dangerous.

In the event that what you say in this email is true, then I would
encourage you to rewrite the paper in this way, and put in some hard
data. Try also to understand systems of change, and where FOSS is in
relation to systems of change. Imagine, for example, what proponents of
horses would have said about automobiles when they first came out.

Try to take an objective view of what is currently happening in terms of
major IT players investing in FOSS. Don't fall into the trap of assuming
GNU/Linux = FOSS. Learn a bit about some of the projects that are
happening on the ground, and how they are contributing to development.

While the article may be well-intentioned, I think it is poor science,
badly researched, uses well known and studied pseudoscience argument
techniques, irresponsible, and potentially dangerous.

IMHO of course
derek