mohsen ramezanpour wrote:
Dear Dr.Justin

I have read this section before.
There are 2 problem:
1:ADDHYD atomname and DELHYD atomname  commands dosen't work!
they result in ERROR in PRODRG

You have to run PRODRG twice. The first time, you get the wrong output. Note the atom name that PRODRG assigns to your N atom. The second time, use DELHYD (name). If that doesn't work, then I have no idea and you're better off submitting your question to the PRODRG developers.

2:Actually I don't know the additional hydrogen is necessary or not!
Because it may be necessary for proper protonation.
My drug(Sertraline) is in a solvent,it may interact with water molecules and Nitrogen may get an additional hydrogen.

A doubly-protonated secondary amine would be a fairly strong acid. You should do a pKa calculation to determine what is relevant rather than guessing. There are web servers and other software out there that can do this for you. Google is your friend.

-Justin

What do you think?