> What was the name of the tool from Red Hat that did code
> inspections?  It was supposed to be the best of them all.  It was
> commercial for a while and then RH released it as open src.  Anyone?

I just installed Source Navigator and it's got RHAT logos in
all the strategic locations, so I'm guessing that's the tool
you're thinking of.

There have been several speedbumps so I can't yet offer useful
opinions about snavigator.  For one thing, the machine I had
to install it on is a Debian box that's running a slightly
moldy 2.4 flavor with old libs and such, so the most current
versions of snavigator wouldn't install straight out the
package.  The machine is also isolated from the Net so I
can't use apt-get to fetch stuff anyway - I had to bring the
snavigator source codes over via SneakerNet and build/install
from scratch.  Fortunately, that turned out to be relatively
painless and all the basic plumbing seems to be operational.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to whittle down the size of the
"project" (ie.  limit the set of files it wants to consider -
this is one gigantic pile of source codes) so that snavigator
doesn't crawl up its own butt trying to generate terabytes of
meta-info in its various databases.  I did have snavigator
show me a few cross references and inheritance diagrams and
so far it looks very promising.