Michael O'Donnel asks

> I've joined an established project

If this request is from the MOD that I know at work, was in Firewalls,
drop me a note at work ...

> anybody know of good sourcecode analysis tools for C++
> that run on Linux?

You didn't restrict to F/LOSS tools, and you didn't say if this was
for refactoring/retroengineering or security sourcecode review or
static/dynamic analysis for memory & bugs or what.

I found a listing of "Code Review Tools" that lists language & platform.
  http://www.laatuk.com/tools/review_tools.html
I've seen folks use the Java version of C++Test from ParaSoft, looks
plausible for some sorts of analysis -- it supports RH with 2.4 kernel
on x86. Some of the others that say "Unix" may support certain Linux's
too.

The Great Circle GC library works nicely to debug memory leaks, but
their platform/distribution left us. I forget the name of the tool
we're using on AIX now; Purify from IBM/Rational is a top drawer tool
that I've used in the past on other projects for this and some other
things. See http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6556 for mini-reviews
in leak-plugging.

--
Bill