"Bill Ricker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> =>=>grok. GAS with GASP looks like a regular macro-assembler to me."
>> =>I guess it looks like it's all there.
>> Correction. It's not all there. I looked at the gasp info page from
>> somewhere online and literally all of it is missing. :-( The only thing we
>> get is include, vanilla macros, and simple conditionals.
>
> So if "we" (e.g., Steve's friend) want powerful macros (not just cpp),
> is there any option besides M4 in the Gcc/binutils Gnu toolchain ?

Ahm would m4 be any use at all in assembler programming?  When Steve
or whomever mentioned they needed macros wrt assembler, I interpreted
that as nothing at all to do with m4.  I'm fairly familiar with m4 as
the macro language used to generate sendmail config files, and have
used it a little to generate things like aliases files, etc.  But
using it in relation to assembler programming is something which never
crossed my mind.  Probably because I haven't done any assembler in
about 15 years or more, and that for a college course :)
--
Seeya,
Paul