On 10/11/05, Bill McGonigle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Here's where the problem is (this is a request triggered by visiting
> www.gnhlug.org) ...
> GET /twiki2/bin/viewauth/Www/%25USERSTYLEURL%25 HTTP/1.1

  Unfortunately, that doesn't tell us very much.  The "viewauth" URL
you are requesting is *supposed* to request authentication.  The
problem is that, apparently, sometimes the site is requesting
authentication when we don't want it to.  Either users are being
incorrectly redirected to the viewauth script, or, the view script is
requiring authentication when it shouldn't.  The thing that's weird is
that it apparently isn't happening all the time.  Take a look at the
transcript at the end of this message.  I captured it using "script"
and "telnet", nothing fancy.  I truncated it after the first line of
HTMLese.  As you can see, the web server is spewing everything it
should, and not asking for authentication.

  I'm wondering if that "fd1" before the start of the HTML is
relevant, an unrelated bug, or an error in my transcript.

  I'm hoping to get a chance to inspect the Apacghe logs tonight when
I get home.  Maybe they'll shed some light on the issue.

----- Begin transcript -----
$ telnet www.gnhlug.org 80
Trying 199.125.75.9...
Connected to hive.colo.mv.net (199.125.75.9).
Escape character is '^]'.
GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: www.gnhlug.org

HTTP/1.1 200 OK