On Oct 11, 2005, at 13:14, Ben Scott wrote:

  Unfortunately, that doesn't tell us very much.  The "viewauth" URL
you are requesting is *supposed* to request authentication.

As usual I was being too terse.

When you get the default page, it includes:

        @import url("%USERLAYOUTURL%");
        @import url("%USERSTYLEURL%");

And when the browser does that:

------
%telnet wiki.gnhlug.org 80
Trying 199.125.75.9...
Connected to wiki.gnhlug.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET /twiki2/bin/view/Www/%25USERLAYOUTURL%25 HTTP/1.1
Host: wiki.gnhlug.org

HTTP/1.1 302 Moved
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:36:18 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b PHP/4.1.2 mod_perl/1.26 mod_throttle/3.1.2 location: http://wiki.gnhlug.org/twiki2/bin/viewauth/Www/%25USERLAYOUTURL%25
Connection: close
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
------

it gets redirected into /viewauth/ land.

I suspect it shouldn't be doing that last redirect or the browser is misbehaving.

Now, to make things more interesting, Mozilla isn't doing that import - it's asking for
        /twiki2/pub/TWiki/PatternSkin/layout.css

is
  @import url("%USERLAYOUTURL%");

some sort of CSS directive that's supposed to be client-side-evaluated instead of asked for by the browser? My CSS-fu is not strong there.

-Bill

-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]           Mobile: 603.252.2606
http://www.bfccomputing.com/    Pager: 603.442.1833
Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]      Text: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
RSS: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/rss

For fastest support contact, please follow:
http://bfccomputing.com/support_contact.html