On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 07:57:34 -0400
Jon maddog Hall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> No.  Seeing that they just got a call out of the blue telling
them that their name
> and address was on a document stating that they were a board
member of an organization
> that they had never heard of, I was not going to play "six
degrees of freedom" with
> them.

I think your approach was understandable and all and no
doubt this is why police and lawyers are not thought warm and
fuzzy, but when you need to figure out what is going on you ask
those you can find everything.

> when I called him he said that not only had he never
signed a letter like
> that, but he had never heard of the Greater New Hampshire Linux
User's Group.

Of course you must also consider the possibility that he was not
telling you the truth.

Consider the following for  a moment.  For them to file an
annual report, they had to know there was  organization in the
first place or someone who asked them to sign had to know about
the organization.  Also, the filling of the annual report was
likely in response to a letter from the Secretary of State to
the organization that a report needed to be filed.  So someone
who was involved in the formation and subsequent annual reports
if any must have provided the name and address of a person, that
person would have received the notice, and the report created and
filed by or through that person.

In short, I don't buy the story they don't know anything unless
someone asked them to sign and they did not pay attention to what
they were signing.  It a weird world and most anything can
happen, so who knows.  Its all speculation at this point.

Ed Lawson

--
Edward E. Lawson, Esq.
Lawson & Persson, PC

NOTICE REGARDING CONFIDENTIALITY AND ATTORNEY/CLIENT PRIVILEGE

This message, including any attachments, is a PRIVATE communication which may
contain attorney/client privileged material and is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read,
copy, use, or disclose to others. If you have received this message in error,
please reply to sender and delete this message from your system. Thank you.