Jon 'maddog' Hall wrote:
> Well,
>
> Everything was going fine until I saw who was sponsoring it.
>
> This is another example of O'Reilly getting in bed with a company that
> has not been very friendly to Linux and FOSS.
>
> I am sure that they would love to get people's names on a mailing list.
>
> Do you think they would mind if GNHLUG brought along 100 or so disks of
> free Software and gave it out to the attendees?
>
> md

Hey all,

Is there any objection to my going to this? I'm ex-chairman, not current
chairman, and less involved than many other people, but I'm not worried
about either M$ or O'Reilly getting my contact info (both already have
it many times over)  and I'm happy to represent the FOSS viewpoint.
(There's another slot open as well - they said two per UG, but in
practical terms I doubt they'll care if we bring a few over the limit.)

I'll bring some open source books - I'll get some copies of my various
publications from Apress and sign them, and my experience is that other
publishers rarely have the moxie to complain when I do that - and if
someone wants to supply some FOSS discs to give away, I can do that as
well. (Isn't there some FOSS-For-Windows-With-Ubuntu-Dual-Boot discs
made en masse for something?)

Take it easy,

--
David Berube