Ah -- hadn't been aware of that particular permutation of an acronym;
gotta hit them books.  Anyway, since I'm unfamiliar with IMAPS, I'm
(obviously) not an authority on it, but on the stock 1.0 (a-la Ximian)
"Receiving Mail" tab, when IMAP is selected, there's a "Use secure
connection (SSL)" checkbox, which would seem to fit the bill.

Mind you, I don't intend to start a "my mail tool is cooler than yours"
war; I'm just offering some commentary on a package I'd found (somewhat
surprisingly) useful.

-Ken