I've been running a simple procmail filter to get rid of spam from
some specific sites.  The sample below only includes a few of the
addresses, but even with the whole list it's no longer very effective.
Last weekend I decided to tune it up to filter out more of the spam.
I added the last three rules below.  Out of the next batch of 116
emails, these rules eliminated 116.  That's right - all the babies got
thrown out with the bath water.  Of course, I've commented out the new
rules until I debug them.

If someone has a non-risky way to test procmail rules, I'd appreciate
hearing about it.

Of course, if you see what I've done wrong I'd like to hear that too.

                - Jim Van Zandt

:0 Whc: msgid.lock
| formail -D 65536 .msgid.cache
:0
*
^From:.*(assetmanagement.net|[EMAIL PROTECTED]|moreorders.com|[EMAIL PROTECTED]|[EMAIL PROTECTED]|[EMAIL PROTECTED])|^Subject:.*\$\$\$|^To:
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|egrep '^(Subject|From|To):' >>Mail/junkheaders
:0 B                         # recognize junk mail by content
* (so dilghted when i|This game is my first work.)
/dev/null
:0 H                         # recognize junk mail by subject
^Subject: (ADV:)
/dev/null
:0 H                         # foreign language junk mail
* charset=.ks_c_5601-1987.
/dev/null