Rich Payne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> you may want to have a look at razor
> (http://razor.sourceforge.net/). It's a distributed SPAM checking
> system.

I noticed this a while back, and it looks very interesting.  However
just the other day I read a comment at Slashdot that someone has been
poisoning the razor database, so that it labeled some legitimate
mailing list postings as spam.

> There's also a razor-report program that allows you to feed new SPAM
> messages into the systems.

I've been hoping someone would integrated this into RMAIL in Emacs, so
with a single keystroke I could delete the mail and report it as spam
at the same time.  Of course, that also makes it easy to report by
mistake.  Maybe that's what's behind the Slashdot comment.  I suppose
one could require two spam reports or something.

Mark Komarinski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I heartily recommend spamassassin.  It used a variety of weightings to
> see if the mail you have is spam.  For example, if the mail is listed
> in Razor, it's worth 2 points...

Sounds like the next step.  Thanks for the pointers!

            - Jim Van Zandt