In a message dated: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 11:45:21 EDT
"Tom Buskey" said:

>You're setting up an internal chat room like I told you about?  Very
>cool if you can get everyone to use it.  I'm not sure what we used at
>Genuity.

Ayup!

>If that's what you're doing, getting people to use it on a regular
>basis is the key to success.  It's gotta become a 'water cooler' and
>not just a place to ask questions.

Well, there are already 4 of us who use it pretty regularly, but the
server we're using is a temporary one that's going away next week.

>If you have lots of windows users, maybe getting a server that does AIM
>would be better.  Lots of people have AIM installed by default so it
>might be easier to get them to use it.  They're also likely more
>familiar with the client.  There are lots of Linux clients too.

We're 50/50, but those on windows have IRC clients already, so it
shouldn't be problem.

>Jabber is another thought.

Setting that up too :)

>I *really* like epic on linux.  Character based & I have macros that
>let you have multiple windows.  Xchat works too for people that don't
>want to learn the keystrokes.  Gaim has a plugin for IRC as does
>everybuddy and probably some others.

Cool.  I'm currently using bitchX, which is okay, but the docs are
kinda lousy.  I'll give epic a try.

Thanks a lot!
--

Seeya,