Hi All:

One of the most important things for us to do right now is identify
where we need to improve.  This may result in positive things such as
funding opportunities and the like.

Over the coming week, please set aside some time to look at
http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/GetInvolved.  It contains a large
list of stuff to do, but it represents a pretty complete list of things
people have mentioned over the past few years.

What I'd like you to do is look at the page with these things in mind:

1) If there is something missing from the list, please make a
suggestion.  I'm looking for concrete ideas.  Things such as "we need to
do more for people with hearing disabilities" are less likely to get
addressed than specific tasks such as "develop close captioning software
for x, y, z."  On the same front, something like "Be more researchy" is
more of a section where specific research and advanced development
topics should live.

2) If you were someone who suggested one of the ideas, please help fill
out the details. You obviously mentioned it because you thought it was
important, so please make sure it is represented well on the page.

3) Look at the list.  What are the top 5 to 10 things that need doing on
the list, including stuff you may have added?  Write your top choices
down.  Send them to me.

3) Think about where you may be able to step up and help and your
availability.

As a result of this exercise, I hope to be able to make the list of
tasks more complete and better defined.  In addition, we should also be
able to come away with some top areas/tasks that we agree we need to
focus on as a community.

Please do this by next Friday (25-Jan).  This is your opportunity to
influence where things go, and I'm really hoping the get some response
on this.

Thanks!

Will