Hi again,

2012/5/30 Sylvain Le Gall <sylv...@le-gall.net>:

> No, I move to the next target: Windows.
>
> I use Windows XP + recent (as of yesterday) Cygwin.
>
> It seems broken... (cannot find libws2_32, then crt2.o and so on).
>
> I have fixed the issue so far using
> PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/
> FLEXLINKFLAGS='-LC:/cygwin/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/lib/
> -Lc:/cygwin/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/4.5.2/' ./bootstrap --restart,
>
> but now it reports it cannot find flexdll_mingw.o:
> ocamlc -custom -o ocamlfind.exe findlib.cma unix.cma \
>           ocaml_args.cmo frontend.cmo
> ** Fatal error: Cannot find file
> "/home/gildor/programmation/00build/ocaml-3.12.1-mingw-godi//lib/flexdll\\flexdll_mingw.o"
> File "_none_", line 1, characters 0-1:
> Error: Error while building custom runtime system
> Makefile:39: recipe for target `ocamlfind' failed
>
> Anyone has an idea about how to fix this? Do people have some tips to
> help me quickly setup GODI on Windows/mingw?

OK, I think I earn my black belt in Win32/OCaml/GODI this evening...

I made some progress:
- flexdll in GODI is way too old to be used with recent cygwin,
updating it to the last available version solve all problems regarding
FLEXFLAGS (not needed anymore), it also implies to use
i686-w64-mingw-gcc rather than gcc
- the gcc file copied in $prefix/bin is of no use, we should rely on
the one provided by cygwin (I just deleted it)
- flexlink assume that the file it uses (i.e. flexdll_mingw.o) is at
$(dirname $0) (i.e. in bin/), this can be fixed 2 ways: either replace
flexlink in bin/ that call flexlink in $prefix/lib/flexdll/ or set
FLEXDIR=c:\cygwin\$prefix\lib\flexdll in the env
- ocamlnet fails to build netsys_c_sem.c because, he thinks POSIX
semaphore is available, just #undef it in src/netsys/config.h (and use
godi_console1 make build/install)
- godi-tools 2.0.15/console-src/Makefile.code is missing a
REQUIRES_win32=unix, str, shell, fix it but it refuses to install
because of package being already installed.

I stopped at godi-tools because I have no more idea how to solve it
and it is late.

Gerd is it possible to fix the various issues mentioned above ?

Cheers
Sylvain