I agree with Vero. I am not sure we had enough time to evaluate the current
state yet. I don't remember the details of our discussions, so if you
provide a description of what exactly you mean, that would be helpful. In
terms of a GSoC project, the main issue I see is that the mentors need to
provide clear instructions on what the student should do, especially for
this case, and we apparently don't have a consensus here. So I would be
willing to mentor it only as long as we develop a plan ahead of time we can
all agree on. Given the past experience, I am somewhat skeptical we can all
agree on something:) But I'll try to be open to ideas!