One last-ditch check.  Does

kpsewhich -all greciliae.ttf

...return only one font or multiple?  I think you've checked this
before, but I'm double-checking just in case.  In the likely case that
there is only one font, let me know, and I will open an issue on GitHub
to discuss whether we should roll back the font change.

If there are multiple, please delete all gregorio fonts (greciliae.ttf,
gregorio.ttf, parmesan.ttf, gresym.ttf, greextra.ttf) EXCEPT those in
/usr/share/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/truetype/public/gregoriotex and try
again.

Thanks,
Henry