Hello,

I did try to follow the instructions given in the Globus Toolkit
documentation web page but I found a couple of gaps that mislead the
deployment of basic grid services (simpleCA + gram5 + gridftp), e.g.

   - The documentation does not mention that the grid-ca-certs package
   should be installed
   - The documentation can be more specific about the grid-ca-create
   command must be run by the globus user
   - When this command is run by globus user some files (found in
   ~/.globus/simpleCA) must be copied to the /etc/grid-security directory
   - The documentation should provide a hint which describes what [YUM and
   OSG specific] repositories should be installed for setting up a machine
   where Globus services  would be provisioned (
   https://twiki.grid.iu.edu/bin/view/Documentation/Release3/YumRepositories
   )

I have to thank to Marco Mambelli and Jose Caballero for their hints that
allow me to define the correct set of steps for installing those services.

Regards,

PS:  I wrote some Chef recipes which allow to deploy the aforementioned
services in a physical or virtual machine