On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 7:37 PM, Christian Hergert <christ...@hergert.me> wrote:

>> Another idea for GtkTextView is to add a vfunc to let GtkSourceView
>> define custom word boundaries for word movements and selection. But
>> all what GtkSourceView would do is to define the "Vim" word boundaries,
>> which are generic. The Vim word boundaries are good enough, we don't
>> need more flexibility. So I prefer to implement directly the Vim word
>> boundaries in GTK+, and have a consistent behavior with other widgets.
>
> I would really like this to be a vfunc so that it could be handled by
> per-language overrides in GtkSourceView/GtkSourceLanguage.
>
> Additionally, I'd like double-click and triple-click to be different
> things. Imagine triple-click selecting the whole scope in some C code
> for example.

I agree that we probably need a vfunc - there's different use cases
that need different variants: natural language, code, xml, etc. For
best results, we may even want a way to use different word breaking
rules in different regions of the buffer. As an example, you might
have comments embedded in code.