I've had the shoulder issue with enlarging patterns from period garments.
I believe that in the 18th century (particularly for the upper classes)
they were trained from childhood that proper posture involved holding the
shoulders back and down giving the body a wider front and narrower back.
In modern America (I don't know about Denmark) a more 'slouchy' posture
is the norm with the shoulders rounded towards the front which is exactly
opposite from the 18th century posture. Aside from re-training ones body
to the period posture, I don't know what can be done except adjusting the
patterns somewhat to accomodate modern posture.....but I don't think it
should be done too much because the broad-chested/narrow-backed look is
part of what makes the fashions work and look right.

Karen
Seamstrix