Past Patterns 1900-1910s page has many patterns here is a link and
some of my favorites:

http://www.pastpatterns.com/1900.html

Nice dress with the ubiquitous mid-teens overskirt
http://www.pastpatterns.com/8211.html

good dress for early 1910s
http://www.pastpatterns.com/4269.html

This one is also nice and basic for the early WWI era.
http://www.pastpatterns.com/6517.html

By late 1915-17  skirts are shorter and flared more like this:
http://www.pastpatterns.com/6517.html (this dress is 1917)

I love this period, it changes so much from year to year.

Katy

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 5:03 PM, Deredere Galbraith
<tria...@kabelfoon.nl> wrote:
> Thank you all very much for the replies.
> ww1 isn't my period. But the dress felt weird.
> Sometimes I can tell that a pattern isn't quite right but I don't always
> know what it is.
> But now I get a better idea of the period.
>
> Greetings,
>      Deredere

Katy Bishop, Vintage Victorian
katybisho...@gmail.com                www.VintageVictorian.com
     Custom reproduction gowns of the Victorian Era.
      Publisher of the Vintage Dress Series books.