Yes, I just discovered the same things.  My ^%ZOSV (as installed by
^ZTMGRSET) was from the copy of ^ZOSVGUX.  It doesn't use (like one would
naturally expect) ^ZOSVGTM.  And the %ZOSVGTM has the $ZGETSYI("NODENAME")
logic.  And that doesn't work, naturally, probably built for GTM on a VAX,
as Fil indicated.  Oh, yes.  I K ^%ZOSF before I do ^ZTMGRSET, sometimes
that helps.  In the old days, I stored locally developed functions there,
but I wouldn't do that anymore, I don't think.  So I think it is safe to
kill.

Nancy, I couldn't replicate the information I gave you earlier today.
Honest, I was giving you what I was getting, right off the system to you.
Now I can't make it work.  D GETENV^%ZOSV doesn't give me the same answer
today as yesterday.  It can't find a hostname now.  I suspect a change on
reboot.  So much to learn.

And you are right, when you start messing around with hostname, changing it,
the OS doesn't like it a bit.  I finally got Redhat9 to the point that no
application would talk to me.  And I didn't think I had been that rude to
it.  Something I said, maybe, or the way I said it.  So I need to learn some
more before I start messing around with that.

The bottom line is yet there.  %ZOSV (as being distributed on
worldvista/sourceforge) seems to have a problem that I haven't solved.  I'd
like to know how anyone can get devices and taskman to work right with this
distribution.  It might become important later.

I am running Redhat9, Kernel 2.4.20-8, GTM 4.4-004 Linux x86, and VistA from
OpenVistA SemiViva.  I had been told that was a more up-to-date copy than
the hardhat distribution.

I think I also discovered that I need to delete replies off the messages
that I send to Sourceforge lists, it replicates the thread as well, and you
get confusing threads.

Dan
exit