(This is a follow-up to my last message regarding the rushing of the final
version of Haskell.)

Incidentally, with regard to features appropriate for Standard Haskell,
I would say that explicit quantification (which someone mentioned) and
first-class modules should be left out.  Not because I don't think they're
worthwhile --- I would love to have them --- but because they're sufficiently
advanced to be deferred to the Haskell successor.  (Maybe I'm jumping the gun
on assuming the existence of such a language, but we all know it's waiting
to be born.)  I would like to hear Mark Jones' and Simon Peyton-Jones
opinion on this.

In fact, I would like to hear what all the major implementors have as their
picture of a final version of Haskell.  You've all been pretty quiet.
I assume you've all already aired your opinions at the workshop, but it would
be nice to see them here as well.

-- FC