There are two problems with the lfs-initramfs package (distributed as
part of Root_FS_on_RAID+encryption+LVM hint)

The first is easy to fix: On Pure64 systems, /lib64 is a symlink to
/lib. As it is created as a directory in the mkinitramfs hint, this
causes problems as 64-bit programs look in /lib64 for the linker and
other libraries, and if the system is a Pure64 system, it won't find
the libraries it needs. The way to fix this is to first check if
/lib64 is a symlink, or if it is a directory, and behave
appropriately.

The second is harder to fix: The RootFS hint and the Pkgusr hint
(more_control_and_pkg_man.txt) do not mix. When the bootscripts
attempt to mount the root filesystem, it can't find it, even through
the initramfs could. It worked without the pkgusrs hint, but I would
like to use that and an intramfs. I think the problem has something to
do with premissions.

Either way, I'd like fixes for these problems.

--
William Immendorf
The ultimate in free computing.