On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 11:52 PM, Bryan Kadzban
> Why is your linker looking in /lib64 when ldd reported it found the
> library in /lib?  (Assuming that's what happened.  The actual directory
> tree that got generated would be way more useful...)
Actually, ldd on /bin/bash generated libreadline.so.6 =>
/lib64/libreadline.so.6 for me on Pure64.

What I assume was happening was that Bash was looking in /lib64 for
Readline, and copied the symlink over to /lib64,
but the library to /lib, confusing the linker and causing a kernel panic.
>> Something like this:
>>
>> {{{
>>    if [ -h /lib64 ]; then
>>         # Create /lib64 as a symlink to /lib (Pure64)
>>    elif [ -d /lib64 ]; then
>>         # Create /lib64 as a directory (Multilib)
>>    fi
>> }}}
>
> Yes, obviously.  But what do you want me to do in the place of the
> comments?  That's the part where because I don't understand what's
> wrong, I don't know what to do.
This:

 {{{
    if [ -h /lib64 ]; then
         echo "slink /lib64 /lib 0777 0 0"
    elif [ -d /lib64 ]; then
        echo "dir /lib64 0755 0 0"
    fi
 }}}
>> I'll try this setup again. What I'll do is I'll use LFS 6.8 with
>> kernel 2.6.38.2 (or greater minor version number), with the grsecurity
>> patch,
>
> Eh?  Why complicate things?
I've been running it with Grsecurity with 2.6.37.4 and it has been
working for me (untill I unintentionally trashed
my LFS system by trying to move the shared library files of iptables
by rm /lib/*.so and then ln -sfv ../../lib/{lib}.so.x
/usr/lib/{lib}.so,
only to wipe out the files for Glibc as well, making nothing work, and
requiring a reformat and a rethink)
I'll do it again, unless you say I should not.
>> and see how it goes. If I run into that error, I'll be sure to
>> use init=/bin/bash at the GRUB menu, and report what I find.
>
> Please do.
Will do. Thanks.

--
William Immendorf