-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Garry Newman
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 8:21 AM
To: hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlcoders] Physical Mayhem in progress - no crash! (yet)

Hey exactly a month later!

Here's what I'm doing to cause the physical mayhem.

In my mod/scripts folder I made a folder called propdata. I copied
CS:S's propdata.txt to this folder and renamed in cs.txt.

In CPropData::ParsePropDataFile I changed the loadfromfile line to

    if ( !m_pKVPropData->LoadFromFile( filesystem,
"scripts/propdata/cs.txt" ) )

So I start my mod and go to cs_office. It's fine for about 20 seconds of
shooting props then they all start bouncing around.

I find that this has prevented it.. (props.cpp:4747)

    //LINK_ENTITY_TO_CLASS( prop_physics_multiplayer,
CPhysicsPropMultiplayer );

    LINK_ENTITY_TO_CLASS( prop_physics_multiplayer, CPhysicsProp );

Obviously it's going to change all prop_physics_multiplayer into
prop_physics.. so it might not be ideal for your mod. I'm guessing that
my problem is different from yours though, somehow.. even if the
symptoms are the same.

On 4/23/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The mod players were getting restless so I couldn't wait any longer
for a response from Valve so I had to shut it down.  Unfortunately
there's no documentation on how most of that stuff is supposed to work,
and there are frightfully few asserts in the SDK.  I guess I'll have to
do a lot of research to compare a working vphysics.dll to a broken
vphysics.dll in order to pin down the exact problem.